When it comes to choosing a roofing material, there are two main options: asphalt shingles and metal roofing. Both materials have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision. Lets discuss different roofing systems and which is right for you.
Asphalt shingles are the most common type of roofing material in the United States. They’re relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and come in a variety of colors and styles. Asphalt shingles also have a lifespan of about 20 years, which is longer than some other roofing materials.
However, asphalt shingles are not as durable as metal roofing. They can be damaged by hail, wind, and other extreme weather events. Asphalt shingles also require more maintenance than metal roofing. They need to be repaired and inspected regularly, and they may need to be replaced sooner if they’re damaged. Asphalt shingles may be the best roofing system for which is right for you. When it comes to asphalt shingle roofing, we install various products but find the Owens Corning Duration Roofing System to be the best.
Metal roofing is a more expensive option than asphalt shingles, but it’s also more durable. Metal roofs can withstand extreme weather events, and they don’t require as much maintenance as asphalt shingles. Metal roofs also have a longer lifespan, with some materials lasting up to 50 years.
However, metal roofing is not as easy to install as asphalt shingles. It requires a more skilled installer, and it can be more difficult to repair if it’s damaged. Metal roofs also reflect more heat than asphalt shingles, which can make your home hotter in the summer. Additionally, metal roofing can be substantially more expensive than asphalt shingle roofing. Metal roofing is becoming a very popular and wise choice for homeowners and may be which is right for you.
Which is Right for You
So, which type of roofing material is right for you? It depends on your budget, your needs, and your preferences. If you’re looking for an inexpensive and easy-to-install roofing material, then asphalt shingles may be a good option for you. However, if you’re looking for a durable and long-lasting roofing material that requires little maintenance, then metal roofing may be a better choice.
Ultimately, the best way to decide which type of roofing material is right for you is to talk to a qualified roofing contractor. They can help you assess your needs and recommend the best roofing material for your home. Guaranteed Roofing is happy to set up a free, no-obligation estimate to compare and contract both options to find which would be the best for your home or business.
Do Your Research on Roofing Contractors
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It protects you from the elements and keeps your family safe. That’s why it’s so important to hire a qualified roofing contractor when you need repairs or a replacement. Regardless of choosing an asphalt shingle or metal roofing system, it is critical to do adequate research on the roofing company you hire.
There are a lot of roofing contractors out there, so it’s important to do your research before you sign a contract. Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering which is right for you.
- Get multiple estimates. Don’t just go with the first contractor you find. Get estimates from at least three different companies so you can compare prices and services.
- Check references. Ask each contractor for references from previous customers. Be sure to call the references and ask about their experience with the contractor.
- Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured. A licensed and insured contractor will have the necessary training and experience to do the job safely. They will also be protected in case something goes wrong.
- Get everything in writing. Before you hire a contractor, be sure to get everything in writing, including the scope of work, the price, and the timeline. This will protect you in case there are any problems down the road.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find a qualified roofing contractor like Guaranteed Roofing who will do a great job and protect your home.
Here are some additional tips for researching roofing contractors:
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau. The BBB can provide you with information about a contractor’s complaints and history.
- Look for online reviews. You can find reviews of roofing contractors on websites like Google, Yelp, and Angie’s List.
- Ask your friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations. People who have recently had their roofs repaired or replaced can give you valuable insights into the contractor they used.
By taking the time to research roofing contractors, you can be confident that you’re hiring the right company for the job. Guaranteed Roofing is a certified metal roofing and asphalt shingle roofing installer, allow us to help you decide which is right for you. Metal roofing and asphalt shingle roofing are both fantastic options for your next roofing project.